Research in this area has been conducted in collaboration with international partners with funding from a variety of sources including a start-up grant from the University of Jena, from the European Commission, from ministries like the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), and government agencies such as the Chilean Water Directorate (DGA) and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) of Canada.
- Close-range sensing of snow depth using micro UAVs
- Terrestrial SfM and MVS photogrammetry for monitoring erosion processes within an active sinkhole
- INNO-ASIA (Interdisciplinary network for holistic environment system analysis, eco-system services, integrated modelling and sustainable resources management, 2010-2015)
- SaLMaR (Sustainable Land and Water Management of Reservoir Catchments, 2012-2015)
- INTECRAL (Integrated Eco Technologies and Services for a Sustainable Rio de Janeiro, 2013-2016)
- IRAFLUT (Monitoring and multi-scale modelling of irrigation return flow and its nutrient load in an agricultural area of Turkey, 2014-2017)
Alexander Brenning, Helene Petschko, Jason Goetz, Christian Pfeifer, Bettina Böhm